Sunday, May 1, 2011

Osvaldo Borsani


I must admit I had never cared to sudy the work of Osvaldo Borsani (1911 - 1985) as carefuly as I should have, but afer actually seeing his famous 1954 designed P40 lounge chair in Milano the other week, I needed to find out more about the strangely out-of-time designer and his unique work. Him and his brother founded the apptly-titled furniture producing-firm Tecno in 1953, and if I understand things correctly, he had by the end of his career collaborated with a respectable group of like-mindeds, including Norman Foster, Renzo Piano and Gae Aulenti.




Oz believed that design should work alongside technical innovations...

Osvaldo Borsani: D70 Sofa: nova68 Modern Design - photo


He also made some very nice shelving systems:

[borsani_rago_604.jpg]


No comments:

Post a Comment